Be still my Lego loving heart! It’s been a fun year around our house with Alivia starting to really show an interest in creating with all this Lego I’ve been stockpiling since she was born. Growing up, Lego was hands down my favourite activity and I remember having a Rubbermaid full of bricks and building everything from cities, roads, full houses (including furniture) and so much more! To finally see Alivia creating and joining in my love for Lego is amazing!
This year, the first ever LEGO® Imagine Nation Tour was announced and excitement is building all across the country. With this 2.5 acre interactive experience visiting five major cities across the nation from now until October, this brick-building extravaganza is the largest LEGO building event to ever hit Canada! Whether you house a master builder or a novice, The LEGO Imagination Tour is sure to ignite a passion to create, and bring out the kid in you!
This Tour combines all of the hands-on fun of LEGO building with exclusive interactive digital experiences and rare Master Builder meet-and-greets, offering something for builders of all ages, interests, and building ability.
Each LEGO Imagine Nation Tour is just three days long and stops in the following cities:
- August 12-14: Montréal | Palais des Congrѐs de Montréal
- September 9-11: Calgary | BMO Centre
- September 30-October 2: Vancouver | Vancouver Convention Centre
- October 14-16: Toronto | Metro Toronto Convention Centre
“The LEGO Imagine Nation Tour is an exciting chance for families across Canada to immerse themselves in a newly designed LEGO experience that combines everything that today’s kids love about physical play and digital entertainment,” said Michael McNally, senior director, brand relations for LEGO Systems. “From one-of-a-kind life-sized LEGO models to the rare opportunity to build with and learn from a LEGO Master Builder, wrapped in an interactive digital experience that guides the fun, our event offers Canadian families a chance to experience the LEGO brand like never before.”
Families can explore 13 different pavilions and 20 stunning life-sized LEGO models at each tour stop. Age-appropriate brick building, digital fun and other activities will keep even the youngest builders entertained.
- Master Builder Lab: learn building tips and tricks from one of only eight Master Builders in the world
- Creation Nation: add a custom LEGO creation to help create a 40-foot maple leaf mosaic
- Bridge Build Challenge: test engineering skills in a group competition to build and test the strongest LEGO bridge
- Brick Pit: imagine and build anything from a mountain of LEGO bricks of every color and size
- LEGO Video Games: demo the newest titles from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Life-Sized LEGO Models: snap a photo with 20 incredible sculptures, including a staggering 8- foot-tall LEGO MARVEL™ Super Heroes Avengers model and a 7-foot-long LEGO Friends car
- Digitally Enhanced Building Pavilions: bring LEGO creations to life in four areas where children create a LEGO City, LEGO Elves, LEGO Friends, or LEGO NINJAGO™ themed model, scan it into the game and enjoy a 60-second gaming experience featuring their custom creation
- Model Display Areas: build & showcase LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO Star Wars™, or LEGO Minecraft models
Plus great giveaways!
The event offers five sessions throughout the weekend in each city. Visit www.LEGOImagineNationTour.com to learn more about the tour, to explore dates and session times, and to purchase tickets (kids 2 and under are free!). Don’t delay, tickets are selling fast!
And speaking of giveaways, we have a fan-tastic giveaway for one of our fans, graciously provided by the LEGO Imagine Nation Tour! A family pass of 4 tickets to an Imagination Nation session here in Vancouver! One lucky fan is going to win 4 tickets to the Friday, Sept. 30th 4pm-8pm session! Enter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
What activity are you most looking forward to? Me? I can’t wait to make LEGO angels in the brick mountain!