Spring is in full swing here in the Lower Mainland. So as we all look to do some spring cleaning at home, lets not forget about helping to clean up our community parks as well.
The City of Surrey’s Partners in Parks team are kicking off Surrey’s 18th Annual Environmental Extravaganza with Surrey Clean Sweep Week. The event runs from April 18th through to April 25th. You can participate in the event by either attending one of the City organized Clean Sweeps or organizing your own event.
2014 was a massive hit with over 4000 students, residents and community groups taking part to beautify their city, will you be joining them?
Surrey Clean Sweep Week Locations
The City organized events are on April 18th, 2015 from 10am to 12pm at the following parks:
- Guildford Heights Park – 10176 154th Street
- Bear Creek Park – 13750 88th Avenue
- Tamanawis Park – 12601 64th Avenue
- Katzie Park – 19373 68th Avenue
- Alderwood Park – 1761 Lilac Drive
- Crescent Beach – 3136 McBride Avenue
If you are unable to attend one of the City organized events or there is another park that is near and dear to your family, you can host your own event from April 18-25 by following the following 6 simple steps:
- Gather a group of people or if you prefer, just yourself. There are no limits as to how little or how many people can participate.
- Pick the area (wither neighbourhood or park) that could use your help the most.
- Pick your “clean-up kits” from any of the City organized events on April 18th or at at 9353 160 Street. Kits include: gloves, bags, litter pickers and t-shirt. Kits are available in limited quantities.
- Clean up your chosen area. Your “clean-up kits” also include safety tips, so be sure to share those tips with everyone prior to starting clean up.
- Once your area is complete, call 604-591-4152 (Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm) to have your litter bags collected. Please be clear as to the exact location the bags are being left to ensure the pick up team can locate them.
- Enjoy your sparkly clean area.