What kind of things do you put in your Christmas stockings? I pulled together some awesome DIY stocking stuffers that I’m sure you’re going to love this year. There’s a little something homemade for everyone on our list. I bet Dad would love the heat packs or a travel pouch for his charging cable. And the kids are going to go crazy over some personalized snack bags and recycled crayons.
If your house is like most, Mom is filling her own stocking, right? Treat yourself to a few stocking stuffers made just the way you like them! No matter who you need stocking stuffers for, we have you covered with these DIY gift ideas for stockings.
- Santa Letter DIY Ornaments – Using wooden letters, you can create Santa letters. I love adding ornaments to stockings and these are a great personalized DIY.
- Snowman Soup – This stocking stuffer is easy to make and a perfect handmade gift for the holidays! After a day of outside play, warm the kids up with a little Snowman Soup.
- Cute DIY Reusable Snack Bags – Making cute snack bags is actually pretty easy. You can use fabric that each person in your family would enjoy and really customize them with their favorite patterns or characters.
- Calming Bath Fizzies for Kids With Surprise Inside – Kids will love these Homemade Bath Fizzies with a secret toy hidden inside (like these small LEGO pieces)! Adding in some calming essential oils to your these bath fizzies will make these perfect to help your little ones get ready to calm down when used just before bedtime.
- Infinity Scarf – You can make this infinity scarf even if you’re new to sewing! It’s a simple and quick DIY stocking stuffer.
- DIY Rice Heat Packs – Throw these in the stocking for someone that needs a little relief from aches and pains. These rice heat packs are also great for keeping toes warm at night!
- Cranberry Lip Balm – Cranberry lip gloss is fun to make for Christmas and is a fast and easy craft to make with kids. This homemade lip balm looks like it has a rich, lustrous red color, but it truly is a lip balm, not a lipstick. The color looks amazing in the clear tube, but it only makes the barest hint of color on your lips. Who couldn’t use some lip balm in their stocking?
- Elf Snot – Do you do gift cards in stockings? Giving gift cards doesn’t have to be boring! Stick your gift cards in Elf Snot this year and your kids will love it! It makes giving gift cards a little more personable, and a LOT more fun!
- Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Pops – No matter who you are making Christmas stockings for, I guarantee they’ll want these Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Pops. They melt into hot milk for a rich cup of hot chocolate. There are printable gift labels on the post, too!
- Ombre Kitchen Utensils – You could do personalized wooden kitchen utensils for everyone in the family! Maybe some smaller ones for the kids and full-size for mom and dad.
- Recycled Crayons – Use up those broken crayons from the kid’s craft supplies to make some fun crayons in their favorite shapes! The kids will think they got something new and fun in their stocking, but really – you were just cleaning up.
- Fabric Necklace – Follow this simple tutorial for an easy to make fabric necklace. Make a bunch and throw them in all the girl’s stockings this year.
- Charging Cable Travel Pouch – Everyone could use a travel pouch for their charging cable! You can probably have this done in about 10 minutes (plus a little while to dry).
- Gingerbread Fizzy Bath Bombs – These DIY bath bombs are easy and inexpensive, and make great homemade gifts and stocking stuffers.
- Monster Corner Bookmarks – If you have a reader in the family, make a few of these origami bookmarks to toss in the stockings.
We hope you find some fun DIY stocking stuffers to try out! A lot of these can also be repurposed into lovely gifts for teachers, family and friends as well so be prepared to make a lot once everyone starts asking where you got yours! Don’t forget to also check out our 15 Gifts Kids Can Make so they can help make some goodies as well.
Love it? Pin it for later!