One of my favourite times of year IS HERE and admittedly, I’m the over the top Christmas memories mom. I figure, I’ve only got a few more years of this one believing in the man in red so I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts! Each Christmas I’m reminded just how quickly she’s growing and I’ve been slowly incorporating ornaments that cherish the little moments. Salt Dough ornaments have always been a favourite of mine and ones we make every year. They’re easy, cheap and something the entire family can get involved in.. and bonus? They make amazing gifts when painted, sealed and wrapped in beautiful boxes. The grandma’s might have cried one year, just sayin’. I’ve rounded up some of our favourites from some amazing bloggers with easy DIY instructions to help make your salt dough adventure just a bit easier!
- Hand print Santa Salt Ornament We have made this one almost every year, it’s fun having a tree of tiny Santa’s and to see the hands grow!
- Cinnamon Gingerbread Salt Dough Ornament – one of the best holiday smells is cinnamon, and these ornaments are a treat for the senses
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Salt Ornament – If you have a bit of an unconventional tree or a kiddo who loves TMNT this is a super fun one to make!
- Salt Dough Button Snowman Ornament – Another fun one for the kids, you can make your snowman as big or as little as you like and personalize to match your tree with any colours.
- Keepsake Hands Salt Dough Ornament – One of my favourites and perfect for the entire family! This is a super easy one to make for holiday gifts for grandparents.
- Salt Dough Penguin Star Ornament – for the artsy mom’s out there, this adorable tiny Penguin Star ornament is a super fun one!
- Star Salt Dough Ornament – not everyone’s tree full of primary colours (we get it…) so if you’re looking for a simplistic design that compliments any tree – this one is worth checking out!
- Salt Dough Candy Cane Ornament – this Candy Cane ornament is super easy for kids to roll and create on their own with a very easy recipe.
- Frozen Olaf Salt Ornament – I love the foot ornaments and normally make a tree out of a tiny foot, but I love this Olaf one that works perfectly with the foot prints!
- Finger Print Christmas Tree Salt Ornament – another fun one to get the entire family involved in, make a thumb print ornament to show the growth of tiny fingers
Salt dough ornaments are a super simple way to decorate a tree full of memories, without breaking the bank. Make sure that whichever ornament you choose that you use a good quality sealing spray to ensure those memories will be with you for years to come.
Happy Salt Dough Ornament Creating!